Friday, January 16, 2009

It all looks good on paper

The independent contracting thing is slowly becoming a reality....Slowly because I am not rushing the process. Of course there is fear. As any psychologist knows, most fears are going to make you want to run away. In my case, there is the fear of failure and not being able to support my family. So, part of me wants to stay where I am. However, if I stay where I am, that would be it. No growth or opportunity.

So I am challenging my unjustified fear of failure. As of Tuesday, I start to phase in as an independent contractor.

I am also working with the unjustified fear of failure. I will make this work by looking at the company that I am doing work for, finding what is both needed and missing, and providing (exploiting) it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, so it's been almost five years since the last time you wrote here.
I'd like to know how you are doing now.

Cheers and good luck!

--
A freshman Psychology Student from Argentina worried about future income.