Monday, December 22, 2008

non psychologists as role models

Many of the people that I look up to are not in the field of psychology, especially when it comes to marketing and business. One of the people that I follow is Larry Winget. He had a show on A+E called Big Spender and he has authored several books. I was recently on his blog and wrote a comment in which he responded to. Here are my posts and his response:

# 9 Mike Considine Says: December 19th, 2008 at 11:04 am
one more question….Why are you releasing your book after the holiday season….you did that with your last one
thanks….keep releasing the books, no matter when they come out!!!
Mike Considine

# 11 Larry Winget Says: December 19th, 2008 at 12:12 pm
Mike, to answer your question about why release a book after Christmas: The best time of the year to release self-help books is at the New Year. Every bookstore has a New Year - New You section at the front of every store where people go to search for information on how to improve their lives in the coming year. I’ll be there!
My next book is a gift book that will be released next fall. It’s a quote book - a “best of Larry” based on the best lines from all my other books.
Larry

# 15 Mike Considine Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation. December 22nd, 2008 at 7:26 am
Larry
thanks for the answer to my question (why release a book after Christmas). I am a mental health therapist, trying to make it in a business where I have been told that good money cannot be made. I don’t believe it.
Thanks to your answer to my question, I now have a marketing idea for next year!!!!
thanks again….
Mike

No comments: