Saturday, December 20, 2008

You gotta believe....

Once in a while, I'll do a Google search and look for ideas, people, and strategies to maximize income as a psychologist. I see nothing. Any suggestions, tips, names, etc.? I can't be the only person thinking about this. I can't be the only person that doesn't believe that a decent living in psychology is impossible.

Two years ago, I set a goal to make 100K. This is while I was doing an doctoral internship. I didn't reach the goal, but I did make 98K. Under the same circumstances (only this time, I am trying to get my dissertation finished), I will make the same amount by the close of 2008....

Not bad, but I want more (and I want it ethically and without sacrificing my family).....My new goal for this year: The $1,000 day. In other words, I will take one day per week and make $1,000 that day. On this day, I will have to work longer hours but it will be done.

This CAN'T be done by seeing individual clients all day. It can be done by combining services that include groups, testing, in services, and individual clients.

No comments: